Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:37:28 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      Diagnosing Cruise Control Failure

Not sure what to do next. Manual is wrong!

Followed manual for checking out cruise control system and everything checks out OK except the last test, which is to test the cruise control speed sensor mounted in the instrument panel.

Manual says sensor should be something like 110 ohms but it tests out at 1,110 ohms or thereabouts. Ordered two new speed sensors and they both also test out at 1,000+ ohms so that is obviously not the problem.

The problem is somewhere else, but everything tests out OK.

Guess I need to find another Vanagon equipped with factory cruise control parts in my neighborhood (NYC--good luck Derek), and swap out parts until I find the bad one.

I guess I could leave my van with Long Island's Dennis Haynes but this is a very long drive for me.

[By the way, if you need your van fixed and you live on Long Island, you should bring that van to Dennis for repair instead of bringing it to the dealer, or anyone else, for that matter. Also, if you are in the market for a trailer hitch, get one from Dennis. I have no association with Dennis other than being a satisfied customer...] ___________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY drew@interport.net