Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:29:02 +0000
From:         Hotch <hotch@NETAXS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stalling at Idle when cold

Yo guys,

I'm in the same boat w/ my 86 GL. Stalls when cold. So far I've replaced the Ignition wires, rotor and cap, O2 sensor (it was due) and checked the idle stabilzer, air flow meter (temp sensor wouldn't go higher than 2.1K at about 45 degrees F - this could be a problem), temp sensor II, idle stabilization relay (behind the RR light).

I also tried to advance the timing a degree or two, but I'm putting it back again - runs rich.

I've had this problem since January when I took it to Chicago and froze it at -10 degrees F. Think that could of done something? It started off as an occasional morning stall after a 50 mile ride the night before. Now it stalls every time I start it but runs fine after 3-4 city blocks.

I'am about to test the thottle stuff next.

Any ideas?

TIA

Hotch Philly 86 Vanagon GL 89 Jetta (dead steering pump, $175 ouch) hotch@netaxs.com

Digest wrote: > >Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:15:27 EDT >From: Jim Thompson <uvx196@JUNO.COM> >Subject: Re: Stalling at Idle when cold