Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:23:17 -0700
From:         Barbara Sutton <bsutton@GLADSTONE.UOREGON.EDU>
Subject:      PNW Camping
Comments: To: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu

The Wetwesties are about to do it again! After a succesful first camping trip to Eastern OR, where we met splitty, breadloaf and brick owners from ID, WA and OR we are already thinking about the next one. I encourage everyone in the PNW area to check the Wetwesties mail list to see what is going on. Jack Maynard has contacted the Crandalls in Drain,OR., who are well known for their impressive collection of rare and mint split window buses. The plan is to have an event in their property, OCT. 3rd, 4th and 5th. They have several camping spots by the river and "an apple cider press or two". The camping at Catherine Creek was a lot of fun. Barbara and I (w/Fafner) met Kim (with her "new" '78 Westie), Tom and Jack Maynard Friday evening in Corvallis. Camped near Sisters for the night.(The available solar showers just didn't do it, the sun was barely out when we left). After travelling most of Saturday through eastern OR, (awesome landscapes and very small towns) we made it to the campground. We were pleased to see a lot more people than expected! Even though they had been told about the event the day before, the loyal Idaho crowd managed to caravan to Catherine Creek (two splitties and two breadloafs). Jim Arnott and family were also there, with their '78 Riviera camper. Curt Long from WA. was also present, with his mint '87 Syncro Westie and a whole bunch of interesting gadgets (trailer with dirt bike, awning, laptop with GPS, etc.) Lots of VW talk, live music, good food, frisbee, pictures (which we hope to make available in the net), etc. Definitely worth the long drive. See you in Drain, Cris. '91 Westie "Fafner" '66 Kombi '67 Deluxe (parts bus)