Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:40:26 -0400
From:         Matthew Rosen <rosenm@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: How to get your under 12 child a free VW
Comments: To: Everett Barnes <ebus@ebus.simplenet.com>
Comments: cc: Air Cooled VW List <aircldvw@cc.owu.edu>,
          Type II List <type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com>,
          Type III list <type-3@umich.edu>,
          Vanagon List <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu>,
          VINTAGVW list <VINTAGVW@sjsuvm1.sjsu.edu>, aircldvw-error@cc.owu.edu

Fremont, Michigan -- Gerber Products Company is not involved in any settlement involving reimbursements to customers. Rumors that have been circulating for several months involving Gerber and an alleged settlement are completely false.

A settlement was announced in 1996 involving infant formula and pricing issues, but Gerber was not connected with the litigation. The deadline for filing claims under the infant formula settlement expired 1/31/97. It appears that the Gerber name has mistakenly been connected to the Minneapolis P.O. box used to process claims for the infant formula settlement. Consumers are cautioned not to send birth records or other information in connection with this rumor. Gerber does not know the source of the misinformation, nor does it have additional information on how it is being communicated.