Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Sep 1997 11:55:26 EDT
From:         Eric Henning <henning@FP.COM>
Subject:      Philly area parade (final)
Comments: To: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com

OK everybody in the Philly area! Here's the final details of the Lansdale

parade/show.

Sunday Sept 21, 1997 - meet at the Montgomery Commons Shopping Plaza (this is not the Montgomery Mall). The Plaza is located on Rt 63 just east of Lansdale (between N. Wales Road and Rt 202). Meet at 11:00 am. I will be there a little earlier and pop my top so you can find me easily.

Around 12:00 noon we will move as a group to the parade staging area just up Rt 63 at the Penn Jr. High (Penn & Church St). As this is a first come, first serve parade the only way we can parade as a group of VW's is to arrive as a group, hence the pre-meeting. The parade starts heading down Main St. at 12:30 pm to the Olean Tile Works on N. Cannon St. Once there everybody parks for this eccletic (sp?) car show.

There are refreshment vendors , demonstartions, activities. No registration or entry fees. I have seen everything from Mark IV Jaguars to tricked out T-Birds, hot rods, classics, antiques, motorcycles, anybody is welcome.

For our purposes lets try to keep it anything VW related.

If you feel the need to call offical people Lansdale Parks&Rec 215 368 1691 or 1 800 333 4550 (Gladys Ditzler - organizer?) Call these numbers if raining for confirmation of Sept 28 raindate if inclement (sp?) weather.

Come one ! come all ! Lets see what you've got!!! Great fun!

If you need more hand holding, e-mail me privately. If everyone who e-mailed shows up we'll have an excellent turn-out!

Eric henning@fp.com

ps - chris from allentown - my mail reader strips of headers so i don't

have your e-mail address.