Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Oct 1997 13:39:18 -0800
From:         Todd Francis <tbf@PACIFIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: runs rough cold (still)
Comments: To: Hotch <hotch@NETAXS.COM>

Hotch wrote: > > > I have to get my new dyno mega gizmo emmissions test any day now, I hope > they let me watch. > Hi: A friend of mine is a horse vet. One of his acquaintances is a guy that picks up dead livestock. We all think this car testing is a joke (especially when a friend of mine slipped the tester 5 bucks to let his 73 bus pass at a state controled facility) Well, this guy was furious at having the inconvience of having to take his rendering truck over to get it tested so they could get his 12 bucks so a couple of weeks ago he made sure the truck was filled with stock and off he went on a rather warm day. Now, you have to understand that a load of dead livestock is not a pretty sight (it is amazing to me anyone will do this job, but someone has to), stuff drips out from under the truck and all. Apparently he didn't have to spend much time at the test station (they didn't do much of a test; got his 12 bucks though) and passed just fine. He said the station probably still smells. Maybe this isn't such a good idea but if you put a couple of dead cows in your vanagon when you go to have it tested......... -- Todd Francis Ridgefield, Washington USA '86 Westy Syncro '91 Tristar