Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:44:44 +0100
From:         Knud Haugmark <dunkdesk@POST2.TELE.DK>
Subject:      Doors fall of or will not open.
Comments: To: "vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu" <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu>

Hi volkfriends On my tranporter 84 I have two door problems. first is that the passenger door will not unlock or open. I took off the panel inside to see what was wrong, but everything looked and felt normal The handle goes all the way back, but there is no resistance. Outside handle is just loose. Locktap is stuck half way up. Door is totally closed. Key does not turn anything.

The slidedoor on the side sometimes falls off the rail on the bottom of the car, and I put it back by placing the wheel on the rail about 12 cm from complete open position, and pushing it back so the wheel rolls on the rail and the little tap gets behind the metalhanger, so it does not fall off.( Get that?) Door shuts but needs a push upwards to click. Has it sunk? should it be put higher by bending the lower metalangle where ythe wheel sits? How to know how much?

Thanks for replies. Knud. dunkdesk@post2.tele.dk PS The gasket replacement still works. No dripping after 2000 km.