Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:37:54 -0700
From:         Tom Young <young@SHERLOCK.SIMS.BERKELEY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: '81 Westy excessive clutch pedal play
Comments: To: "Michael D. Landis" <mlandis@WATERVALLEY.NET>

Almost certainly a leak of some sort. Crawl under the van and look at and feel the clutch slave cylinder for signs of wetness. Search down around the footwell for signs of a leak also. You'll probably find that one or the other (master or slave) has a leak.

These tend to go at about the same time in my experience, so you might as well replace or repair both. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Young young@sherlock.SIMS.Berkeley.EDU Lafayette, CA 94549 '81 Vanagon ---------------------------------------------------------------------