Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:34:41 -0500
From:         "John H. Zouck" <jhz@APLEXUS.JHUAPL.EDU>
Subject:      FS: 1988 Westy camper

After replacing the heads and exhaust system in my Westy, it is with some reluctance I now am seeking to sell it. I had offered it some months ago here, but held up until the work was complete. The work has been completed for over a month, and I have been using it once a week to check it out and keep it charged up. It runs very well.

Specifications:

1988 Westfalia camper

Stove Gas refrig. Sink Water tank/pump (new pump)

64,000 original miles (bought in 1989) Automatic transmission Air Conditioning Cruise control Electric, heated mirrors Gray color No rust Camper top rubber sealing gasket reworked by me three years ago. (probably needs rework or replacement) Complete service records available

This camper has been used almost exclusively for camping trips and as a spare car for when our regular car is in the shop. We have done two hike/bike trips to Colorado/Wyoming (the last this past summer) and one two-month long around-the country trip two and a half years ago. Several trips to Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, North Carolina. It is a very comfortable small camper that fits in any space and is very unobtrusive (being gray). Engine/exhaust work should last a long time. The camper is located in Maryland north of Baltimore, near Reisterstown and Glyndon.

I am asking $13,500 for it. I just put around $4000 in it and I don't want to loose too much.

============================ John H. Zouck The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory ============================