Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:11:42 -0700
From:         jim ellis <jimellis@PRIMENET.COM>
Subject:      Change the Stats - Public post

Let it be known that the 83 2.0L aircooled Vangon Westy was sold last week. It was nabbed by a 78 & 80 year old couple who plan on driving it to Alaska and back. All concerns that I expressed were met with a cheerful laidback attitude. They say that they have done the trip several times. They previously had owned an '82 and missed it. They know every slight fault of the bus. It was exceptionally clean, they were pleased and I thought it was an excellent win/win deal =) -ellis\

63 EZ Camper <---Project/Ratmobile 67 Westfalia <---Whatever 88 Buick Century <---with "Freeway Flyer" transmission and a 3.8L watercooled conversion.

BTW: I thought it funny that an older couple bought the van and I bought the 4-door Buick from an older couple. These folks looked and acted like they weren't a day over 65! =)