Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:13:15 -0800
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Re: which route to CA?(long)

Sudhir:

I must dissent from Tom's opinion that you should avoid 50 through nevada....i see it as the best route for the same reasons tom sees it as the worse....it is desolate....you are up close to all the freaky natural wonders of the nevada desert, and there are numerous ones along 50. you can pull off almost anywhere and camp almost everywhere. cars are few and far between...so there is a sense of kinship among the other travelers you meet. Yes, make sure all the vulnerable parts of your bus are in good working order before you venture out onto "The Loneliest Road in the World" ...as they call it, beause you will be in for some hassel if you break down, but do go if you have confidence in you van...there are not many roads like this anywhere...