Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:03:23 -0800
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@ZUNI.LIKEMINDS.COM>
Subject:      Next CCC trips: 11/7-11/9 & 11/14-11/16
Comments: To: vanagon@zuni.likeminds.com, type2@type2.com

We have two trips in November!

Our next trip will be to Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, on the central California coast, about 26 miles south of Carmel on Highway 1. (65 winding miles north of Hearst Castle on Hwy 1.) We'll be meeting up with Tobin Copley, Christa Ovenell, and their son Russel, who will be heading back to Vancouver with their new San Diego breadloaf. The CCC last camped here with Tobin and Christa in 1995, so this is a reunion trip!

To reserve your site, call 1-800-444-7275 between 8AM and 5PM Pacific Time, 7 days a week. We'll be staying at the 'normal' sites, which cost $14 / night (the river sites are full.) The park has showers and firewood is sold. (If you have problems reserving using the computer, try to get a real person. The computer told me sites weren't available, and that was wrong.)

The CCC is also going to hold a joint camping trip with the WetWesties from the Pacific Northwest. The trip will occur from November 14th until November 16th. We'll be staying at the Country Hills Campground in Cave Junction, Oregon, which features hot showers and electrical hook-ups for $14 / night. (Call for reservations: 541-592-3406)

The Cave Junction area features redwoods, mountains, and the beautiful Oregon Caves National Monument. The cave tour is about an hour long and very cool. (And as a life member of the National Speleological Society, I should know!)

As always, information is also available at http://www.vanagon.com/journeys/ccc/

Hope to see you! Coyote -- /\_/\ ____ Ron 'Coyote' Lussier ( ) \ _/__ LikeMinds (415) 284-6972 \ / \X / "Tools that Help People Decide" \_/ \/ http://www.likeminds.com/