Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:16:52 -0500
From:         ThingGuy@AOL.COM
Subject:      Source needed for Westy Cabinet Trim
Comments: To: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com

I'm looking for a source for cabinet trim for my "74 Westfalia. I'm wondering if anyone has found a source for the black pvc trim on the cabinet edges. Some of mine has shrunk up, and I'd like to replace it.

I was able to take the worst piece of trim and soak in in hot water, straighten it out and put it back. It looks just so so, and is still a bit short.

I found trim that looks identical in my Reimo catalog, but it only comes in 15mm and 20mm, widths. My Westy trim measures 17mm. It comes in brown, light, medium and dark gray, but is not available in black.

If I can't find another source, I may try the 20mm dark gray or brown, and see how well it works.

Steve '74 Campmobile "Vanessa" New German Bus tents at http://members.aol.com/tentinfo