Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 1997 05:20:43 -0600
From:         Budd Premack <bpremack@WAVETECH.NET>
Subject:      FOR SALE -  86 SYNCRO GL

Due to the unanticipated addition of an 87 Wolfsburg, my beloved 86 Syncro is now for sale (offered first to the List, of course).

PRICE: $ 5,000, but you are free to offer more or less. After you see the repair list, you will understand that I am not making a profit on this vehicle.

VEHICLE DETAILS - 1986 SYNCRO GL, 132 M, 4 speed + low, power steering, brakes, mirrors, A/C (needs hose repair, but you can fix that in the spring), rear seat folds to queen sized bed, 2 person front-facing middle bench, stereo am/fm/cassette, plug-in engine oil pan heater (for those of us in the North), tinted windows (for those of you in the South), blue/grey metallic exterior, blue interior.

RECENT REPAIRS include rebuilt transmission, center driveshaft, 7 cv joints (the other one was ok), clutch, heater blower motor, rear brakes, alternator, etc., etc. Engine and cooling system are both fine.

INTERIOR and EXTERIOR are in good condition, with the exception of a small (parking lot hit and run) damage in middle of left side. Price adjustment negotiable if you buy it before I get it repaired. It runs really smooth and solid.

I hate to part with this van, especially at the start of the snow season, but I have run out of excuses (to myself as well as to my spouse) for maintaining a Vanagon fleet. The newly obtained 87 Wolfsburg (automatic transmission) simply meets my family needs more appropriately.

DELIVERY AVAILABLE: I will be driving the Syncro from Minneapolis to Philadelphia and Syracuse, via Chicago and Cleveland, the week of Thanksgiving. If you are anywhere near this route, delivery is simple. If not, we can discuss other options. (I am willing to consider delivery almost anywhere.)

VIDEO TAPE can be made available to serious prospects. Please respond by e-mail (bpremack@wavetech.net), or call me anytime (as I have an office at home) at (612) 927-5303.

Budd Premack 87 Wolfsburg, 84 Vanagon, 86 Syncro (for sale) 73 Super, 64 Bug Minneapolis, MN