Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Oct 1997 12:13:02 UT
From:         Thomas Niksch <cct_tom_niksch@CLASSIC.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: new EuroVan syncros

========================== Hi Chris, guess to ship the stuff from Europe to America would be the least problem. You talk about a NEW EuroVan Diesel syncro. Well as the Eurovan syncro has been sold since 1992 it si likely to ba the OLD syncro in a few years. According to news published in July (see >http://www.vanagon.com/info/news/new_transporter_2001.html< ) VW is working on 4x4 vehicles and there is some chance for a new 4x4 T5 Transporter using AUDI quattro components and engines around the turn of the milleneium.

Recently they presented the EuroVan (T4) syncro TDI (2,5l 102 HP) which lacks a bit of ground clearance but is very fast and convenient on paved roads.

In case you want to support a 4x4 VW Transporter project write your ideas to: >gelaendewa@aol.com< adressing Mr. Thomas Roennberg

Try these URLs >http://www.dehler-mobile.de/< >http://www.motor-presse-online.de/aktionen/messe/caravan/hallen/p_vw.htm< >http://www.outdoor-online.de/dl_incoming/pictures/INHALT.HTM< >http://www.outdoor-online.de/ftp_upload/news/vwallrad.htm<

In case you need some translation assitence give ma a "shout"

Bye for now ...

Tom Niksch Ig syncro 16'' (syncro 16'' aasoc.) Munich / Germany >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 'cpgibbs@PTIALASKA.NET' wrote: >>> Hi All,

Just read the post by Peter Larsson with refference to his 1994 Eurovan Doublecab Diesel Syncro.

Question: Why have we not seen any Eurovan Diesel Syncros over here in the USA? After all, there is little about the new Eurovan to tempt the Vanagon Westie owner into mortgate-like car payments......"but a Eurovan Diesel Syncro Camper" that would be a different story. Cheap to run and maintain, and an engine to last? I (like many who drive 2wd Westies) still suffer from the old "Syncro Envy", great for snowy climates like Alaska!

I have looked at the EV Campers on our local VW lot and I must say they look low, I'd say they have less ground clearance than my 88 Westie! Until I see a Syncro out there I'm not interested in even a test drive. Does the NEW Syncro have a little extra ground clearance like the old Vanagon Syncro?

Please let us know about the new Syncros!

Regards, Chris Gibbs 88 "Propex-powered" Westie Alaska

PS. Maybe Peter can FedEx us one or two from Sweden ;-) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<