Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Oct 1997 08:37:33 -0500
From:         "Rick Sherrod (hopeless VW nut)" <kdf_cars@MYLINK.NET>
Subject:      More cheap vans FS

Hi all,

I hope that I got information to everyone who responded to the last cheap vanagon search posting. If not, and you are in a blistering hurry to find out about it, E-mail Unca Joel, he'll have the info on the Westy while I'm gone to Orlando on VACATION!!! YEAH!!! All other vans that were listed should be available on the Archives, just like any other posting.

Thanks Joel !

Thanks to Jim Catterson in Long Island, NY for hooking me up with his friend Chris Nicolino, also from Long Island, who is the proud new owner of the '86 Syncro that I posted last month. He bought it against the wishes of all but one of his friends and even against his wife. BRAVO, Chris!! He got a fine van indeed. When he sends me pictures of the Syncro washed with new tires and all, I will post the pictures on my upcoming website to show the cool SYNCRO plakette on the front that I had made locally at a stripe shop. It is very cool. The stripe shop said that they would be more than happy to accomodate the listmembers with copies of the plakette for about $40.00 + postage. It is scalable to any size for more money, so it is possible to do the entire side of a van, given enough money. Let me say that anyone who could redo a house in the way Jim has done his is tops in my book. I never even suspected that a house could look like that. WOW! Beyond description. His stable includes a beautiful 91? Syncro that looks like is should be in a display case, and a EV that should make anyone jealous. Beautiful wife, beautiful little girl, wonderfully overfed lab, friendly neighbors... Jim, you looking to adopt? I'm available!

Now I have the capital to finish my V6 Vanagon project and get my Sony digital camera & all. I will miss that Syncro. It pulled My 88 Fox with a tow dolly all the way from Ga to Long Island via Hilton Head Island, SC at 75-85 MPH up hill!!! What a beast!!

Needless to say that I was a real hit in NY city with my rolled coins and 7.5' wide tow dolly and GA plates. ;-)

So all that said, here's the latest list of cheap vanagons: Never seen, don't know, may be already sold, caveat, caveat... HAPPY HUNTING!!!

1987 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON, auto, exhaust leak, 91000 miles, $2000 (513)761-8520 ALRLNGTN HTS.

85 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON, rebuilt engine and transmission, runs good, needs some work, cargo carrier included, $1300 firm, (919)269-6835 ZEBULON R-JT41-53-9AP01J -41

1987 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON, air conditioning, automatic, needs minor repair $950 or best offer 301-772-5191 WACPDS(40)

1981 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON VAN VAN, automatic transmission, good condition in/out, needs motor, mechanic SPECIAL, as is $950 cash, 954-941-1624 work, 506-6350 beeper

1982 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON, body interior, extended tires in good condition, blown piston, on rebuilt engine, needs starter, needs tender loving attention to get it rolling again, love it, but must sell it, asking $1000 or best offer, 770-925-0593.

1985 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON, automatic transmission, runs great, check me out for $995, cash SPECIAL, 813-443-3069, PJ's Auto World, Clearwater.

83 VOLKSWAGEN VANAGON VAN, two tone blue, 7 pass seats, 110000 miles, watercooled, 2000cc engine, spacious interior, in good condition, must see to appreciate potiential, asking $800 or best offer, call (704)645-7167 WEAVERVILLE uVJ33-DLA2-43

1988, VOLKSWAGEN, VANAGON, asking $ 3900, Full air, convert-a-bed, window blinds. mileage: 120000 email: wongt@sembilan.uchsc.edu, (303) 797-6045.

1990 VANAGON - - 7 passenger, 110000 MILES, excellent condition, WHITE, air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, am fm cassette, 4-speed trans, good tires, $6400 or best offer, 520-299-2209. (373706U)

Rick Sherrod Macon, Ga Known as ##$^@&#@@!^%$$#!!! in NYC