Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Oct 1997 19:04:29 EDT
From:         Jim Thompson <uvx196@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: WTB or info needed: complete set of coolant hoses for 2.1

Karl & The List, et al

I now have factory diagrams of all the Wasserboxer Hoses uploaded to my website for people to determine which hoses are in need of replacement. These diagrams are directly from the Dealer's Hosebook which are printed copies of the fiche (I'm not sure if the book is available anymore so I've guarded it with my life for the past 6 years since getting one).

I don't purport to carry these hoses - in fact most (if not all) are only available through Volkswagen. None of the major importing warehouses have cared to add or stock them in their line, primarily because of poor mark-up from Germany and not enough market to justify stocking them. Perhaps Ron, Kyle and myself ought to get together on a group buy of these items somewhere down the road.

Just go to the Website and follow the directions to the diagram that fits your Wasserboxer.

Jim Thompson Sherwood Automotive * The Old Volks Home http://www.c-zone.net/jim96003/oldvolks.htm oldvolkshome1@juno.com (916) 221-5342 84 Westy 2.1 * 62 Beetle Sedan * 90 Fox Wagon

On Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:58:44 -0500 Karl Vochatzer <Karl_G_Vochatzer@NOTES.AMRCORP.COM> writes: >Kyle, Ron, or others who have done it: > >I want to replace all rubber coolant hoses on my 86 Westy. Can a >complete >set of rubber hoses be purchases all at once to do this, or do I have >to >pull each one and go up to a parts sales counter? > >I would rather have the complete set in hand and then start taking off >all >of the old rubber hoses. This would include the radiator hoses (maybe >even >the twin van length ones), heater hoses (although it looks like bulk >standard heater hose would work), all the misc. short, large and small >rubber hoses up near the engine, and the transluscent tubes that run >up >around the lip of the engine compartment, too. Every time I'm under >the >van, I notice a new coolant hose previously concealed from view. Any >one >of these looks like it could lead to catestrophic coolant lose someday >if >gone unreplaced. > >Thanks for the help. > >Karl Vochatzer >86 Westfalia GL >88 GL >