Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:40:24 -0700
From:         Denys Mueller <Denys@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      ECU Question

Hi all,

I decided to check the ECU on my '86 Westy to see if it had been replaced by the PO. While I could not tell I was hoping someone on the list might know of some telltale signs that it had been.

I find the following numbers on the ECU case: Bosch 0 261 200 284/285 810

22.02.94 26SA0000 1835 0105

The 22.02.94 looks like a date, but if I know European date schemes it doesn't match the standard convention.

Any ideas or telltale signs?

By the way I just had the front end rebuilt and does it help! It actually responds to steering correction. What a delight in side winds! For those that are curious it cost me $650 labor and over $450 in parts - ball joints, wheel bearings & seals, bushings (upper & lower support arms, radius arms and stabilizer bar) and tie rod ends + alignment.

Thanks in advance, Denys Mueller '86 Westy PO '80 & '89 Westys'