Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Oct 1997 09:01:27 -0400
From:         Rick Koller <rkoller@HELIX.NIH.GOV>
Subject:      head "tasket"

Hi all, First off, Joel, you can change the stats since I have acquired another van ('91 GL Auto ) to fool with. And fool with it I must! Head is leaking steadily despite the desparate Bars Leak tactic. So its gasket time etc. I'm now gathering resouces and knowledge to tackle this job that I have not done before. My strategy involves dropping the engine along with the tranny because I have an extremely low tolerance for the prone position when working on engines and I want to change the pan gaskets on the trans and the diff as well. I would appreciate any insight in the dropping of the automatic trans/engine task. I noticed that the Bentley emphasizes caution concerning remating the auto-trans back to the engine. Is this very tricky? I'm at present studying all the archive info on the head-work and it is very good stuff indeed. Its great that people on the list have provided such a wealth of info. The List Rules! Thanks.

Rick Koller '90 syncro-westie '91 gl auto