Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:26:48 -0700
From:         Marna Cooper Evans <manx@CATS.UCSC.EDU>
Subject:      NEED PM & Newbie notes
Comments: To: vanagon <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu>

Hi All! I have been lurking for a couple of months since I purchased my '89 GL Wolfsburg. The car is in great shape despite having 124k miles. I got it for a steal, since the small used car dealer I bought it from didn't know what he had. Anyway, I need a power mirror for the passenger side. The original has been replaced with one of those $15 jobbers and it sags as soon as the door has been closed a couple of times. Does anyone have/know about one for sale? White would be nice.

My only complaint about the car is the infamous oil warning light/buzzer misbehavior. My mechanic has looked over the system AND replaced the dynamic sensor, which wasn't the problem (does anyone need one-I have an extra). After replacing the oil filter and oil as a result of suggestions on this list, the buzzer doesn't sound as much anymore, but the light still blinks. Still working on it.....

Love the leather steering wheel and the captains chairs..still getting used to the two rear-facing seats..still learning how to get into and out of the car with a business suit and heels on (I am 5'4")..looking forward to the first overnighter!

Marna Evans

'89 GL Wolfsburg '82 Jetta Diesel (just totalled by husband)