Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:32:25 -0700
From:         Redwood <redwood@SPEEDLINK.COM>
Subject:      Re: propex heaters (group buy?)

At 02:43 PM 10/20/97 -0600, Blake wrote: >(Sorry if this goes through twice, I didn't see it the first time) > >For those who are interested in another group buy of propex heaters, I >just got a fax from propex. Heres the information: > >Cost of unit(1): 350 pounds (=approx $570)+delivery >Cost of 10 or more units: 280 pounds (=approx $450) >(the fax I just recieved did not say specifically that this included the >shipping to the U.S. but I believe that it does.)

Hi Blake,

thanks for pursuing this info. i didn't think i could afford it, and didn't think i could really justify it, knowing i live in CA and won't be camping anywhere that's going to get *really* cold, BUT-- just found out that i'm fully qualified to be a member of the "Leaking rear heater core Club."

Now, i've never had any passengers in the back, and expect they'd be rare if any in the future. Anyway, i've seen some discussion on the list that the Propex could be used while running. So, i'm wondering if it makes sense to save the approx. $250 i've been quoted to replace it by Kyle at the Volks Cafe [after the dealer wanted $412 +tax], and instead, eliminate the rear heater by whatever method seems best, and installing the propex. The more i think about it, the better i like this idea.

I invite comments, from you, Blake, or anyone on the list, as to the feasibility. Sounds like i'd have to decide quickly.

Thanks again,

Gail __________________________ Gail Fitzpatrick '87 GL Westi, 121k [Twiga] Sacramento, CA <redwood@speedlink.com>