Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:53:07 -0400
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@FREENET.TLH.FL.US>
Subject:      Tires, again (Y370/356's..)
Comments: To: Aircooled Type ii's <type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com>

ARg!!!

Went down to the place where i had gotten the 386$ quote for a set of 356's, to pay for them (they haveto be ordered, so..), to find that the owner doesnt want my business!

He flat out told me he wouldnt deal wit me, that i'd have to talk to the lady i talked to the first time!! (here i am, cash in hand...) (oh, she was off this day..)

I took 3 hours off work, for an extended lunch, to make this trek..(i work longer hours than they do, and their and hour's drive away...)

Needless to say, i was ticked...

He also said (as i remember being mentioned previously, by other listes..) that the 370 had been discontinueed for over 2.5 years.

So, you folks that have recently bought these...Where'd ya get them?!

The Tire Rack is fairly outta question, due to the strike..

Anyone know of an Atlanta, or Columbia (SC) dealer who can get them, mount them (on a wide 5 bus..), and align the bus?!

Hell, i'll make a 4-5 hour drive, if I haveta, as long as they'll do it on saturday!

Ideas welcome..

(oh, only other set of load range D tires even close i could find (a few dealers didnt know what load range D was...) were Como's (dont ask, cause i dont know..) 195R14 (a 78 series tire..), for dead on 400 bucks.

If i'm gonn buy a noname tires, i may as wel just eat up sets of used ones, at 25-50 bucks a set!

I wont touch Sears, and no one else will even try to get me Mich's...

As for Bridgestone Duelers...any one wanna give me some significant info on these?!

I've seen 7 different sets on some of the new cars we put sunroofs in at the shop, (a set of 285 (i think..) 18's, a couple of 16's, some 15's, even 14's on a 4wd minitruck..)

But all of them have been B loadranges..(and max inflation of 35 psi..)

Well..i'm pissed, and tired, so...

....david (who's driving on a spare, and a oddball snow that doesnt hold air, in the back; and a set of belts in the front...)

-- Keeper Of The Light: Pushing Back The Darkness at http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/west/darkness.html

The Turning 40 Nostalgic VW Service Tour, and Search for the Beginning of Wind http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/charlie/charlie.html

'75 Retired Westy-Canadian Model, Cody (storage shed) '69 Westy, Itchigo (daily driver) '69 Offroad Beetle, Lifted and Uncut! (project) '81 Rabbit Pickup, Diesel (awaiting frontend transplant)

xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us.......Located in Augusta, Ga