Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:42:38 +0300
From:         Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dual Fuel Tanks in a Syncro!? (was: syncro fuel tanks and
              snow tyres)

>Did you other Syncro owners catch that? Dual >fuel tanks in a Syncro. I've noticed that the >2WD fuel tank has a "tunnel" in the top side of >it about the right size for a drive shaft to run >through.

Maybe, it looks like that the tunnel allows to run the drive shaft through. But it is designed to run the heater pipe for the aircooled from rear to front. The pipe is flexible. Below the walkthrough there is a lot of space and the heat pipe turns upwards right in the middle of the tank. The additional space is used for the tank. In my eyes, there will be no space for the drive shaft or the front gearbox if the tank is mounted in that area.

Helmut '80 Camper