Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:36:39 -0500
From:         Michael J Vickey <vickrail@VELOCITY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Winter Storage of a Westy

I store 3 of my vans in my barn for the winter, including my 91 Westfalia.

I don't overinflate the tires, nor do I disconnect the batteries, as I start each vehicle every week and every 2-3 weeks drive each one a bit.

As far as keeping out mice and chipmunks - I've never had them enter the interior of the vehicles, but I do know at times they go into the engine compartment. If you can figure out a way to prevent them from doing this, let me know. The best insurance I have found for discouraging these furry rodents: a big barn cat.

One thing you don't mention that you do for winter prep that I would highly recommend for cold-weather storage: empty the Westy's potable water storage tank.

Michael J Vickey vickrail@velocity.net

85 Vanagon PkUp DoubleCab 87 Syncro GL dk gray 87 Syncro GL dove blue 91 Westfalia GL Camper dk blue 93 Eurovan MV/Westfalia top wht/blk (FS) 93 Eurovan MV tornado red