Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:48:26 -0200
From:         The Bus Depot <list@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      EUROVAN BENTLEY MANUAL GROUP BUY!?!
Comments: To: Rick Gordon <rickgo@HALCYON.COM>

Rick Gordon wrote:

>"Volkswagen EuroVan Official Factory Repair Manual: 1992-1999 >Gasoline, Diesel, TDI, 50cylinder and VR6 including MultiVan and CV Camper, >by Volkswagen of America. "Professional format" covers virtually everything >except Winnebago specifics. 2 Volume, 2420 pages, 2361 >illustrations/diagrams, 404 electrical diagrams, 8 3/8 x 11" softcover > >anyone know if this is the long-awaited Bentley, or is this just those >Factory manuals? >P.S. The Winnebago specifics are in a $25 manual available from any >Winnebago dealer. Ask for Eurovan Camper Service Training Manual.

Yes, this IS the long-awaited Bentley manual! And that's no misprint - it's 2400 pages. I've been going round and round with my distributors for the last couple of weeks trying to get the best pricing and availablility, and here's what I was able to come up with:

The bad news... You'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the book if you take advantage of this List deal. It will take me 2-3 weeks to get, since I have to special-order it. I will also have to buy 10 copies of this manual to get a bargain.

The good news... The price will be $117.00! (plus postage)

This is a very sizeable discount. The cover price is $170, and the cheapest I've seen it advertised anywhere else is $150 (about 10% off). Because there is some pent-up demand for a new title, most places won't discount by more than 10% for quite some time, until after demand has died down. Also, I've found that of the few places that are advertising the book, most don't actually don't have it yet anyway, except for Bentley themselves (who are shipping now, but at full retail).

If there are 10 people on the list interested in the book at this price, please let me know ASAP so I can get the order in. I frankly can't afford to sit on $1000 worth of Eurovan manuals, so if this doesn't generate some quick interest I'll probably pass on the deal (and wait 'til I can order in smaller quantities, at a higher price). The sooner I know if you're in, the sooner we can have the books.

Thanks, Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com