Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Nov 1997 13:29:56 -0500
From:         ThingGuy@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Yokohama tires
Comments: To: jag@cs.rochester.edu

In a message dated 97-11-25 07:51:42 EST, jag@CS.ROCHESTER.EDU writes:

<< The tire rack sells Y356. 185R14C was $48/tire + $5 shipping last I looked. (I think these big guys have special deals with UPS). They also have 195/75 and load range D's. If you can put together a list purchase under that I would be interested.

Even better, if you can get a good deal on the Y371 (similar light truck tire, but with an all weather thread) I'm sure many listees would be interested.

/Martin >>

The Tire Rack has great deals on these tires, I would have to compete with their pricing. As a one time list deal, I am hoping to knock off at least $10/tire, and then sell them at similar pricing in the future.

When I last checked with the Tire Rack they quoted me $10 per tire shipping to St. Louis. They said that this was about average shipping costs. My distributor should have access to the same UPS shipping as the Tire Rack.

I am not familiar with the Y371 tires and will check this out. Yokohama does have the Y370G in 185, 195, and 205 75 14 sizes, these are more aggressive tires rated all season and good for snow or rough conditions. They are not considered reinforced tires, but do have a thick sidewall and heavy wieght ratings, 1279 to 1521 lbs, according to tire size.

The most popular tires for highway use for Vanagons would be the Y356. These are reinforced tires rated all season and available in 6 or 8ply. Sizes are 185R14C or D, and LT195 75R14D. C = 6ply, D= 8ply.

I'm not sure how many tires that the Tire Rack keeps in stock in these sizes. When I checked 2 weeks ago, they only had 1 set of 6ply and one set of 8ply in stock in the Y356 tires. My goal is to specialize in these tires and keep them available in all sizes.

I appreciate all of the interest I have received, and I will keep the list updated as this deal progresses.

Steve Lashley '74 Campmobile New Side Tents at http://members.aol.com/tentinfo