Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Nov 1997 18:26:41 -0500
From:         JBrian65@AOL.COM
Subject:      Still for sale. 81 vanagon
Comments: To: coyote@zuni.likeminds.com

My air-cooled vanagon is still for sale. I had a buyer who was spending a great deal of time (wasted) on how and why I would remove the heater pipe from the alternator aux. blower. I live in AZ , need I say more? I used the blower from the alternator to direct cooler air to help the main fan cool the engine a little more efficiently. Beleive it or not this was a major issue with him! I practically let him have the vanagon at $2,000. I was asking for $2,500! He told me he would give me $2,000 for it, I said let me think about it, as i was not in any hurry to sell my van. I discussed with my wife and we argued that we should get $2,500 out of it at least! I told the guy OK $2,000. He said great! I will be over tonight for the transaction. I called this old guy that was selling a 67 beetle and told him that I would be over the next evening. The guy that wanted to buy the van called me back. He said he really wanted the heater to work. I told him I have all the parts here, I included them with the van. He said he didnt want used parts and could I pick one up at the dealer and install it? I hung up. I wanted to tell this guy he did not have the right attitude to own a vanagon. I left him a message that the van is no longer for sale. I dont feel any regeret about losing the $2,000.