Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:02:50 +0200
From:         Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane gas bottle position
Comments: To: coconis@HOL.GR

What are the European set ups I know:

My Camper does have a 11kg bottle inside the pantry just in front of the rear engine wall. I guess, this is the space where your water tank is placed. I'm running a Truma heater, right behind the bottle in the side wall, a fridge and the stove.

My Father's Camper does have two 3kg bottles in the rear wardrobe in front of the raer hatch on top of the engine bay. He run a Truma heater, too, which is placed below the rear seat, a fridge and a stove.

All locations, except my heater, are factory and approved by German TUV. The most dangerous will be the heater/fridge exhaust pipes: It have to go straight up or straight down because of the condensation. An of cause, the propane lanes should not have leaks.

Greetings from Germany Helmut '80 Camper