Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Dec 1997 16:45:26 -0800
From:         Todd Last <rubatoguy@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: Poptop seals
Comments: To: Chuck Krause <krause@CQT.COM>

I used the Bus Depot seals on the front luggage rack and found them to be about 1/8" too short. So with the stock mounts for the luggage rack ('88 Westie) there is about 1/8" gap between the roof of the van and the bottom of the seal. This has only been a problem in windy areas where the luggage rack will vibrate because the seal is not tight. I'm going to try placing a length of plastic clothesline in the bottom of the seal which (I'm hopping) will lower the seal enough to make good contact with the roof.

The Design of the BusDepot seals are definately superior, IMHO they are not quite thick enough on the bottom.