Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:43:24 -0600
From:         Tonya Pope <tonya@MSMM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Power steering fluid leak
Comments: To: Karl Bloss <blosskf@TTOWN.APCI.COM>

Karl,

Mine has been slowly leaking at the bottom hose coming out of the reservoir for about 2 years now. Not enough to ever have to add fluid tho. Just enough so that you can see it on the hose. Actually, bout a year and a half ago it had started to get worse (would see a drop under the bumper from time to time), so I asked my mechanic to fix it. He just clipped some off the hose and put the same hose back on, saying it was long enough, just worn at the edge where it was clamped onto the reservoir. Guess he was in essence right, cause although its started to get more of a 'leak' to it again, the fluid level still hasn't needed me to top it off any.

If your leak is there, the hose itself has a darker coloration from the oil. If the fluid level remains fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But, others here may (and probably do) know more.

Good luck, Tonya 87 Vanagon GL Wolfs 74 S. Beetle