Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:21:12 EST
From:         LSheeley <LSheeley@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Vanangon List Hat

This post is not intended to be a spam to the list. I have been a list member on both the Type 2 and this list because I am interested in VW campers and want to purchase a Westy bus to drive to VW shows and to camp in. I am looking at a 78 Westy currently and trying to decide whether to buy it.

I am doing a monogramed (stiched not stamped) List Hat for the Type 2 list and would like to make the same offer to you guys. My logic for the hat was that I thought it would be neat to be able to spot in a crowd at a VW show a fellow list member--other than the general look of intelligence a VW bus owner is blessed with : ). Richard Palmer OK'd the use of his sticker for the design on their hat.

The Type 2 List Hat has a khaki crown/black bill with black stiching and is a modern low-profile with a cloth tab in back and a metal adjuster. The group might want to think about doing the Vanagon List Hat in a different color.

Richard's sticker has the http://www.type2.com on the bottom of the tire and VANAGO@lenti.med.umn.edu on the top of the tire. I am limited on number of font sizes with my equipment and could not get both listings on the hat design. The type2.com takes up 3/4 of the circumference of the circle. I could not scan the sticker due to the foil material but I was able to draw the two circles for the tire with a VW logo in the center and the wheel holes around the edge of the wheel. The home page address is on the top of the tire instead of the bottom.

The Type 2 administrater asked that I use the home page address instead of the address. With the # of letters on the Vanagon address the home page address probably also makes sense.

The hat will cost $7.50 plus $3 postage per order. Order with some friends to save on postage or catch me at an east coast VW show. A hat with this much design would normally retail for $11 to $12 and wholesale for $7.50--so the benefit to list members is you can buy at retail and pay wholesale prices. Satisfaction is guaranteed with a money-back policy if you don't like it. Just return the hat for a refund of your $7.50 purchase price (had no returns from Type 2 list yet).

I have sold less than a dozen Type 2 hats so far so this is not a money-making proposition. I had a bus guy ask me at a VW show why I couldn't do a List Hat and it made a lot of sense to me and I thought it would be kind of neat!

Here are the questions:

1. Does this group want a List Hat? 2. What hat & thread color should it be? 3. What address should be on the hat? 4. Should we let this guy sell hats to our list members at wholesale? 5. BTW, the group could come up with another design assuming I can scan and digitize it. If anyone has any questions, or I have left out something, just drop me a line.

Lynn Sheeley 720 Valleydale Lane Knoxville, Tn. 37923 Lynn's ABCs Car togs for the discriminating VW enthusiast