Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:28:28 +0200
From:         Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon fender lips

Hello all, There were several mails during the days I was off. But I like to have some more comments on that lips. There are several other people waiting for a group purchase. I like to forward your comments, because some of them are not on this list. My comments about fitting and how to mount: I tested how it fits on my own Vanagon. I have to say, all the upper part fits well, but the lower end is not very well attached to the body. There is an open hole, which should be closed. According to Winkler, the lips should be secured by two screws each and sealed with silicone. I do not recommend to use screws. The GFK will break around the holes and this will not look very nice. I would use some adhesive Silicone like Sikaflex 221 (owner of the REIMO catalog will find it in there). It is also used to glue fibre high roof on top without any other mountings. Additionally the silicone smoothes the edge from the lips to the Vanagon body. I sent some pictures to Ron (Vanagon.com) showing some ready mounted lips I found during the Venlo VW event. But until now it is not included in his Vanagon web site. Helmut '80 Camper