Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:26:59 -0500
From:         Lawrence Johnson <ljohnson@HALHINET.ON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Poptop seals
Comments: To: Chuck Krause <krause@CQT.COM>

Chuck said:

> <snip> I also heard some email that mentioned the Bus Depot seals are a > little short and don't quite make contact with the roof.<snip>

The Bus Depot seals that I bought and installed fit VERY WELL. You will have no problems IMHO.

> <snip> one for the sides and back and another piece for the seal between > the poptop and the luggage rack. Do they both have to be replaced at once > since I have to remove the factory original seal or can I leave the old > section between the luggage rack and poptop on by > cutting the other sections from it.<snip>

In our case, the section over the top section of the poptop between the top and luggage rack was in good shape and didn't need replacing. I bonded the Bus Depot seals to this section with "Automotive Goop".

Larry '86 Syncro Westfalia