Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:58:11 -0600
From:         Ken Polk <worldnet.att.net@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Waste water tanks.
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

---------- > From: Martin Jagersand <jag@CS.ROCHESTER.EDU> > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: Waste water tanks. > Date: Thursday, February 26, 1998 11:35 AM > > Thanks for the pic's on the www site Steve! The Westy's > ("Joker") I have seen with tanks in Europe have the waste > water tank on the passenger side. (Propane is on the drivers) > > Myself, I thought I would look through the local grocery store and > see if Rubbermaid makes something with a lid that would fit > in fronmt of the propane tank. Then make a mount so that it > can be easily snapped in and out. Just need to be big enough to > catch the occasional dishwater or toothbrushing etc. > > Anyone have a setup like that? > > /m

I use a "low tech" approach to collect the waste water in my 82 Vanagon Westie. I bought a small (3 or 5 gallon, I don't remember) water carrier in the camping section of WalMart. I use a short section of garden hose screwed onto the drain of the sink, and just stick it into the can. When it is full I flush it in the bath house if in a developed campground or take it to an RV gray water dump in a rest stop on the way home. It works for me anyway.

Ken Polk 82 Vanagon Westphalia 90 Vanagon 96 Jetta Trek