Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:34:26 -0800
From:         David Bayer <bayer@SYBASE.COM>
Subject:      Re: (Fwd) Prospective Westie Purchase: Please Help! (Longish)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

>| "90 VW Westfalia SYNCHRO 4WD Camper Rare 4WD! >| A/C, pw, ps, stereo cass., tint, racks, full >| camper sleeps 4, 3-way refrig., stove, 13 gal. >| wtr., RV hookups, xtras. Orig.owner, all >| records, top cond. Must See !! $18,750 OBO." [snip] >| Head gaskets repaired or replaced? Yes. I had one head crack on me at >| 108,900 mi. It showed up as a small coolant drip from the gasket. I >| had both heads replaced at that time. >| >| Accidents ? Yes. Just one.

The accident I would think should drop that price down. What state is it in? Why is he selling it? I would venture a $13k offer but not much more. The trailer wiring and tinting are not all that "extra". I would also check the tires on it as he makes mo mention of them - and bring a trolly jack and small log with you - check the VC by jacking up one of the rear wheels under the swing arm and trying to drive over the small log - this should give you an idea of whether the VC is transmitting power... Also, check www.kbb.com for what a dealer might want for it (I think it would actually be less).

dave