Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:43:38 -0500
From:         "John H. Rodgers" <inua@QUICKLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Even More Foglights on my Webpage
Comments: To: Gail Fitzpatrick <redwood@speedlink.com>
Comments: cc: Vanagon <vanagon@zuni.likeminds.com>

-- [ From: John H. Rodgers * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi Gail!

I was looking at those bumpers also. I hate these cheap things with the plastic end-caps on my '85 GL. Looks like they were stuck on as an after- thought.

Have been looking at the various pictures of the VW vehicles available in Europe and SA, upsets me a bit with VW Father-lands attitude towards making those available in the US. If their marketing folks would get on the stick, they would, I believe, uncover a vast latent market for them. But how do you get a corporate giant like that to get off the dime?

It's true that every manufacturer, it seems, has put their version of a van on the road, most of which, it seems, are slick, low slung, slant roofed replacements for the old family station wagon. But I never could use a stations wagon, ergo the new vans either. There is a hole in the market that is wide open for the Vanagon type. Of course the EV I guess is supposed to be the replacement, but it is such a departure from style and type, that in my mind it misses the mark.

John Rodgers '85 GL Driver