Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:23:26 -0500
From:         Bill Knight <bill@NS.ESC.STATE.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Rear seat belts
Comments: To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

I recently had the interior panel off in the area in the right rear corner of my 1984 Westfalia. I was looking for a place to run a wire from the inside to the outside for an antenna. I found a shoulder belt mounting point there! It was the perfect size for me to slip my wire through. But anyway, to answer your question, Yes. I haven't checked the side behind the closet, but I would suspect there is one there as well. Also, you can check you own by removing the air grilles on the rear side of the van. You will be able to see the threaded hole in there. That is how I got to the back side of the hole to run my wire. Finding that mounting point made me also think about adding shoulder belts. My first question though, was how to deal with that closet for the left side passenger? If you find any sources for belts, please post because I think the shoulder belts would be a good idea too.

Bill -----Original Message----- From: Normand Gagnon & Sylvie Brunet <NormandSylvie@IBM.NET> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Thursday, March 19, 1998 11:46 PM Subject: Rear seat belts