Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:55:23 -0700
From:         Gary Shea <shea@GTSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Subaru wiring harness
Comments: To: Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Tim Smith wrote: > Hi All, > Got the ENTIRE electrical harness out of a '92, inc. all 4 computer boxes > (FI/ABS/cruise/trans-shift) spread over the playroom floor. Took every piece > of wire ahead of the rear doors, what an amazing mess!. > It's all woven together.

How long did it take to get out of the car? Wow, what a job! I was wondering what you've paid for the parts you have so far?

I see lots of evidence of folks doing various Rabbit/Jetta/Audi swaps, and I recall a brutally painful description of a Subaru 2.2 conversion in the list maybe two years ago, but I haven't seen a wealth of evidence of successful conversions to the Subaru motor. It's a major reason why I'm looking at it with some trepidation, and leaning towards the GTI/GLI motor. Are you a courageous-kinda-guy not daunted by the lack of documentation, or have you found a source of documentation that seems straight-forward enough?

> PS: nice to see a hot wire massflow sensor in the intake, no more wiper arm > probs.

That _is_ nice!

Gary

----------------------------------------------------------------- Gary Shea shea@xmission.com Salt Lake City http://www.xmission.com/~shea