Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:03:32 -0500
From:         Eric Pickering <pickering.14@OSU.EDU>
Subject:      Best tires (sizes and choices)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

AHHHHH! I went through this once on my '72 Westy but it seems I must do it again for my '86 Westy! Trying to decide what is best.

What is the best tire SIZE (what are you'alls experiences)- for a Vanagon!?

Personally I prefer something tall to keep RPMs down on the highway but I don't want a tire that has a ton of tread that creates a lot of rolling resistance. At the same time I don't want to slide around in the rain on bicycle tires!

What is the best Brand and Type for a Vanagon?

I put the Yoko Y356s on my '72 Westy and loved them. Iwas going back to those for my '86 Westy but now I wonder if they are okay for the bigger van!?

One recent message said that the 195/70 (I think) was the wrong tire for the Vanagon - WHy is that?

Thanks, ERic