Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:33:48 EST
From:         Thing Guy <ThingGuy@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ordering directly from Projectzwo
Comments: To: sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

In a message dated 3/24/98 8:07:29 AM, sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM wrote:

<<I'm interested in how you ordered them. I was originally on Jim Catterson's > (ThingGuy)>>

Hey, I'm sure Jim is a nice guy, but I'm not him. I just have some pics of the foglights up on my web page.

Welcome to the world of dealing with Germans. (sorry Helmut and other German listees, don't mean to offend)

I actually envy them. They have a different attitute towards life in gereral, and I imagine that us Americans can drive them crazy with out impatience. Anyone who can take the whole summer off to camp and has dozens of Westy type campers to choose from, has got it made.

I have been doing business with a couple of German firms over the past year, and I've learned that you have to be patient. I also have learned several tricks to importing and have saved loads of cash. I haven't made any money yet, but have dreams of becoming rich off of importing new side tents, and buying a new Beatle and EV to show off in. (I can dream can't I?)

If you can get them to quote you a price in DM, (make sure they deduct the value added tax), and give you their bank info, you're home free. Once you wire them the funds, they have to deal with you. You can easily arrange your own shipping, and you don't need a broker for an import of less than $1.250.00.

Happy Camping!

Steve Lashley '74 Campmobile New Imported German Side Tents at: http://members.aol.com/tentinfo/index.html