Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:29:43 -0500
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      EZ Haynes Ordering/GPS
Comments: To: Tim Smith <smitht@unb.ca>
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

>Syncro needs new wheel bearings on both pass side hubs, rougher ride by edge >of the road, and the taller/heavier tires may be bringing out the wear >problems faster. At about 90K miles it's not unexpected.

I've never heard of a syncro owner detecting that he needs new wheel bearings. How did you determine that you needed them.

>Going to 55-60F >tomorrow, snow leaving the woods and mud season beginning. Time to really >see what the MTs can really do.

I am envious that you have MTs.

Yes, I use the Delorme Tripemate on a Dell Pentium 233 XGA and it is fantastic. I think you get the whole thing (GPS receiver and detailed mapping CD-ROM, including many topo trails) from Delorme www.delorme.com for about $150. Highly recommended. But I don't know if the Delorme atlas includes Canada! If not, then look elsewhere as the Tripmate is not very adaptable to use with non-Delorme mapping software.

>trails. GPS is down to same price range for good 12 channel units. > >bye, Tim > > >PS: do you want a Haynes manual for the wasserboxer? '82-'90 years. No idea >if Syncro info included. NotAvail in USA/Can. My mother is in England, due

>back Monday. I'm phoning today to get her to _try_ and pick one up. They >are officially 14 pounds English. She could handle two copies I'm sure. Let >me know ASAPP on this. Wish I'd know a few weeks back.

No need to do this.

Just send email to sales@haynes-manuals.co.uk and include text something like this:

Please send me your manual number 3452 covering 1913 & 2109 cc water-cooled Volkswagen Transporter from '82 to '90.

My address is

Derek Drew 5467 31st Street NW Washington, DC 20015 USA

Phone: 202-966-0938

Card for billing:

four four two three

six six six six

five five five five

six three three zero

zero three/nine nine

Email me if you have any problems with this order.

________________________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington, DC drew@interport.net '90 Syncro Westfalia... ...seen off-road at http://www.tiu.net/~des/vw/drew/index.html Note: most valuable Vanagon site on the planet (for owners) is http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=vanagon