Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:50:58 EST
From:         SBate82659 <SBate82659@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Haynes Repair Manual for Wasserboxers
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Kelly Bauman asked:

<Why 23 pounds? The web site say 13.99 pounds. Was it 9 pounds for shipping and handling?>

Well, not quite --- 8.85 pounds for shipping.

<From what you have read so far do you find it applicable to the North American version of the waterboxer?>

Yeah, I think it pretty well covers the models that I have encountered here. Of course it also covers the dual carb version of this engine. It doesn't, however, cover Syncros or the Westy camping equipment.

To be honest, and this is PURELY my OPINION, I feel that there's twice as much useful (to me) information in the 1/2 inch thick Haynes as is in the 2 1/2 inch thick Bentley!

Please bear in mind that I have no financial interest in Haynes (or much else, really!) but rather just wanted to pass this info along to the other listmembers with the thought that someone else might find it useful.

Sam Bateman '87 Vanagon GL (no rear wiper -- bummer!)