Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Mar 1998 11:28:06 EST
From:         George Jannini <georgejoann@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy Question
Comments: To: krisbee@I-2000.COM
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Kristopher, you wrote:

<< What does the keyhole on the outside do? (the one next to the ac outlet and the water intake)...I am trying to get the water to turn on, but it won't. The overhead light next to the stove won't turn on either, and I am wondering if it is all related to that keyhole (which I don't have the key for) >>

First off, I'd recommend that you get an owner's manual in order to learn about your Westy accessories. That keyhole opens the filler door for a 13 gallon fresh water tank which is located underneath the storage cabinet closest to the hanging wardrobe. It has nothing to do with the operation of lights or water pump.

You'll want to visually check the condition of that tank before you use it, and even if it appears clean, I'd advise you to disinfect the whole water system. It's best to be safe. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this.

<< I tested the two fuses behind the drivers seat, and one had the left leg had nothing going through it, the right leg has 12 volts passing fine. >>

Your "dead" fuse is probably the 12V supply for the fridge. This leg should only be active when the engine is running...in 12V operation, the fridge draws 7 amps. The other fuse feeds the lights, water pump and the LED panel which indicates battery voltage, water tank level and 12V/LP fridge operation.

George '89 Westy, Wernher

_____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]