Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:04:57 -0800
From:         David Raistrick <keen@TIORA.NET>
Subject:      Jeeps and bussi, and vanagons..(Rims!)
Comments: To: Type2 List <type2@type2.com>

Hey folks...First, I'm passing it on 'cause it was requested knowledge a little white ago...It's up to you to worry about bakspacing and offset and gearing!

Got the rear drum off my 75, and took it to work...for weeks and weeks.:)

Finally got a chance to check it with the 95 Jeep Wrangler of a coworkers..Stuck drum up on his spare tire mount...FITS! I figure if 3 studs fit the other two will be in the same pattern...

A few more tidbits...Somewhere in the early 90s Jeep changed the bolt pattern...Not sure exactly, and neither is Free. (the guy who's jeep it is..) But he does know that his rims wont fit on an 88...

Next time I'm up at the Jeep store picking up a car, I'll swing in the parts/service side, and talk at 'em, see what they say..

Or maybe one of you can call your local dealer, and ask them when and what...Just dont tell 'em you wanna put jeep rims on a vanagon! (or bus...:)

Later...david

-- David Raistrick '69 Westy-Itchigo keen@tiora.net '72 Westy-Customers Project '66 SO44 Westy-Soon, exchange for the finished project!

Mike West's Pushing Back the Darkness Series: http://www.tiora.net/~keen/west/darkness.html

The Turning 40 Nostalgic VW Service Tour, and Search for the Beginning of Wind http://www.tiora.net/~keen/charlie/charlie.html