Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:24:50 -0800
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: 5 speed Syncro Trans/ People that RIP OFF OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments: To: vwmaster@VOLKS-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hi Kyle

Interesting reading. When my mate had his mechanical workshop going he would tell me about such arseholes and I admit I had trouble believing that there were *icks like the one you described about. It wasn't until I witnesses the antics of some of these *icks that I fully realized just how low they are.

Well my mate is a Vietnam vet and a pretty hard guy so we made up the PRICK of the DAY award ( sorry if this term offends any ones sensitivity) This was given to those arsehole's who were only just nuisance value. After all it was only a small trophy.

We then made a bigger trophy and called this the *RICK of the MONTH award. The A/H had to give a better performance to merit this award.

Our piece de resistance was the Yearly award. The A/H well and truly knew he had merited this award and it was actually presented to him in flair and fashion.

You know the real problem was these A/H's really thought that it was their right to cheat the tradesman for everything they could. Some would say that they were merely protecting their consumer rights and that the customer was always right. Well my mate not being too subtle would take the time and effort to explain to these oxygen bandits about how people should have respect for their fellow man or woman and how they would feel about being deliberately cheated by other persons. These individuals could not see the point. Nothing between the ears I feel. Sure they didn't come back and probably told their friends but their friends were no doubt the same A/H's as them so who needs them. Go and annoying some other unsuspecting fellow or better still go deal with the rip off merchants

Sure, there are even some *icks in the trade who rip off customers but they don't last too long do they, their reputation spreads by word of mouth and puts them out of business. When you find a good hard working and honest person you stick with and support him.

I am sure that in writing this diatribe I will get flamed or something by those persons we have just mentioned. To the Kyles and other honest hard working tradesmen of this world just trying to make a decent living you guys have my vote.

Ray.

PS specifications of the trophies available on request.