Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:28:14 -0500
From:         Paul Borghese <paulb28@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: : Fixing propane shutoff valve in '82 Westy?
Comments: cc: jag@cs.yale.edu

This is a common problem and should take a few minutes to complete. First, make sure ALL of the propane is out of the tank. Then remove the valve wheel which is screwed on with a single screw. Under the wheel is a valve that you can use a wratchet to remove. One thing though, to remove the valve you must twist clockwise not counter-clockwise. Once the valve is removed, you can take it to a propane dealer or RV shop so then can match it with a new one. It cost me $17.00 for a new valve and about 10 minutes of work.

Just remember to make sure all of the propane is out of the tank before you do it!

Paul Borghese