Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:17:14 -0500
From:         yippee! <loudesign@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      "VW HIPPIE RUN" Need Ride to Florida after VWRoad Rallye!
Comments: To: vanagon@zuni.likeminds.com
Comments: cc: David Easterwood <deasterw@st6000.sct.edu>

DeAR Volks:

I got this post from Marv and Lucy, and was wondering if any of you Volks who are planning on joining the Hippie Run could help Marv out with his trip back to Florida! (I have suggested that he could ride with me or play "musical busses" and just hop-scotch the run with different folks for the Road Rally part!)

Looking forward to a grreat Hippie Run!

Louise (Last Year's "Coolest Hippie Chick" award recipient!) Look for me in the Metal grey Westy with the ORANGE FISH on the side!!

We drove up to Wisconsin in our 72 Nova to pick up and work on a 72 Contempo camper. We intended to caravan down to Sevierville, where Marv would join the Hippie Run in the camper and I would continue to FL with the dogs and to be at work Saturday.

The engine is not going to make it out of town, so we're leaving the bus here until we can come back up with a rebuilt or something. Marv can elaborate if you're interested.

Now, he HATES it when I ask people for favors, but since we are not equipped to camp out, what with a Nova full of dogs and tools, etc., I was wondering if I could drop Marv off so he could hitch a ride with somebody and do the hippie run anyway. I would miss the socializing and the scenery, but worse yet, he'd miss a great opportunity to quiz the gurus 'round the campfire.

Then, if Ray or somebody else from FL could get him back into the vicinity, I could retrieve my ever lovin' and bring him home.

I know this is awful nervy of me, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I know time is short, which makes it harder, but would appreciate if you even consider it.

We will leave here tomorrow; don't know what time yet....

Lucy (at my brother's in Milwaukee - momandmike@juno.com) 414-964-5292