Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:59:17 -0800
From:         David Raistrick <keen@TIORA.NET>
Subject:      Re: One-Ton vans
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, David Marshall wrote:

> I have loaded 26 computer systems into my Double Cab. It would have > carried more but my tie-down straps wern't long enough and if they did fall > my boss would have been really pissed! The truck drove great albeit a > little slower than it's usuall slow self! >

More testimonials...:)

13 people, traveling down a mountain, ina 69 westy....We ran out of people. not room. Plus camping equipment for 1 weekend for 3 people, in the wayback..It felt more like before i ha the Load D yoko's on it...And the sidewalls were bulging a bit..(47 front, 53 rear, at the time..) Didnt go fast...:)

3 people, plus living gear, GA to WA, and back. 2 of those people weigh in around 300 lbs..the other is a measly 150..:)

75 westy, no top, no interior, wooden panels up top removed, too. Loaded to the gills, and past. I had furniture piled over 5 feet out the HUGE holes in the roof....made one trip, bald eagle tires, JB welded holes in pistons and heads, but it made it. ~ 35 miles...:) (a desperate attempt to move my stuff out of the house we were being evicted from...)

Hmm...I'm sure there is more i cannot think of...In fact, i know it, but cannot remember..:) ....david (who CAN haul 4x8 sheets of plywood in a 69 westy...:) -- David Raistrick '69 Westy-Itchigo keen@tiora.net '66 Hardtop Westy in Augusta Ga Mike West's Pushing Back the Darkness Series: http://www.tiora.net/~keen/west/darkness.html

The Turning 40 Nostalgic VW Service Tour, and Search for the Beginning of Wind http://www.tiora.net/~keen/charlie/charlie.html