Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:54:31 +0100
From:         Meier Michael <Michael.Meier@VT.SIEMENS.DE>
Subject:      Re: Multivan Badge
Comments: To: Liste <vanagon@vanagon.com>

In a message dated 98-03-03 08:07:05 EST, Jeffrey.Carver@AEROJET.COM writes:

<< I saw one of these limited edition Multivan badged Vanagons last week. This one was also a Westi. I saw it in the Sacramento area.

I had never seen one before and was wondering if someone just added the badge (apparently not) and such. Appears I saw a rare one! But then again I >>

Jeff, you're jumpin the gun, again!! ;<) juss kiddin... ;<) seriously, tho, what you saw was a '90-'91 Multivan. this model was only made 2 yrs. This is basically the same thing as the '85-'87 Non-GL Camper (oh, no!! not that thread, again!!! ;<) it is the poptop camper without stove/sink. it has the full length sofabed, cabinet in LR and fold out table from Left wall, as well as 2 theatre style folding jumpseats (like the Carat) VW called it the Multivan, cuz they new how much it confused people calling those things "Non-GL Campers"......

good thing there wasn't a "Multivan Wolfsburg Edition"...... ;<)

(great...now i bet someone out there says they've got one... ;<)

chris

Hey Jeff and chris, the last limited edition I mentioned before was a european LHD version only. Equipped very similar as a Wolfsburg/Hannover Edition in US (as far as I understood US Models), dark blue metallic or tornadored. Made in 1992 as 2WD by Steyr in austria with TD or 95Hp petrol engine, manual 5-speed only, no further options available, no pop up roof, no cabinets. Things are different all over the world, our Carat wasn't the same as yours, no folding jump seats, but 6 single seats. And chris- we had Multivan Wolfsburgs over here, sold as "Whitestars" or "Bluestars". So, you did win your bet, but I describe only continental versions, even the brits got models different from ours. And to confuse us at the end- the really last T3 (Vanagons) sold here were the "Redstars", equipped like a last limited but TD powered only, the last ones have been delivered early 1993. And the German Bundespost has got a lot of 57 HP 1.7l Diesel High-Roof panels, first registered in 1993/1994.

Michael D-Braunschweig (20mls from Wolfsburg) 58 split 77 westy 90 Caravelle C