Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Mar 1998 10:25:15 +0100
From:         Meier Michael <Michael.Meier@VT.SIEMENS.DE>
Subject:      Re: Lay over in Europe
Comments: To: Liste temp <vanagon@zuni.likeminds.com>

--------------snip

The girl friend and I will be traveling in Europe for the month of June. This is a first for me. Since Germany is the Meca for VWs, what should I not missing seeing. My lay over is in Frankfurt. What and where are the famous Vw sights to see. Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated...... I have 2 days in Munich, 1 day in Heidelberg and 5 days in Frankfurt.

We will likely stay in Wuerzberg for a few days. What is in that area????

Please respond.

Kenneth Winter East TN 1-800-264-6757

Hey Kenneth, don't miss the Wolfsburg AutoMuseum. It's not too big but will show you everything to let the aircooled heart beat faster (1938 Beetle and Cabrio, 1949 split Bus Prototype, inner VW factory transporter 1946 "Plattenwagen", 411 Hatchback Prototype, Brazilian SP2 Sportscar, Beetle #1,000,000, Hebmueller, pre syncro 4WD breadloaf prototype and and and - and the last official Vanagon, 1992 last limited edition Multivan #2500 of 2500, unused from new. I think this is the longest official name for a Vanagon, badged "Multivan Last Limited Edition". I've been there zillion of times on the way to or from my parents in my fathertown Wolfsburg.

There is a very very big technical Museum in Sinsheim between Frankfurt and Heidelberg, very close to the Autobahn, which will take you nearly half a day to visit.

Munich is offering you the wonderful Deutsches Museum which could cover more than your 2 days of visit (don't miss the Weizenbier in the evenings).

Wuerzburg? For us people from northern germany it's Bayern (Bavaria) what means Weizenbier, Weisswurst and strange people (they say the same about us, exept of the beer and the wurst).

Frankfurt: 20 mls northern direction to Oettinger's workshop, 20 mls southern direction to REIMO's shop.

And don't be to disapointed not to meet VW Beetles and 16" westys every 100 yards this days.

Good luck Michael D-Braunschweig (20mls from Wolfsburg) 58 split camper 77 westy 90 Caravelle 74 412L